Re: ExpoDisc: Overpriced gadget for suckers?

<how about a spotmeter and preparation - set up a grey 'spot' out of frame
for exposure reference - maybe just a jam jar lid painted grey, white
whatever poked onto a metal stake and arranged toward the hide that you can
take a current reading from?>

Karl

Not a bad thought either for certain situations.
With a long pointing at a set up I'm not going to want to have to keep swinging it out of shot so it's a separate spot meter - 1 degree or better probably.

But absolute perfection would be an "ambient exposure mode" setting on the camera that when selected took it's reading from the remote meter automatically.  That way you wouldn't have the iterative process every time a cloud passed ...

TTL is as good as it can be
OK most of the time
Crap for black cats in coal mines
Crap for swans in a snow storm
TOTALLY rubbish for blackbirds sitting on a twig against a bright white sky.

Bob

PS: thanks for putting me off trying out Picarsea 2