Gallery of 2005-10-08: Rewark of David Small's Image

With David's permission I've attempted to rework his image starting
from his original picture.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/halo/

The aim of the page is to show one way of blurring a background
without the all-too-common "halo" that results from the areas outside
of the selection "bleeding" when the blur is applied.

In the case of David's image it's debatable (a matter of taste)
whether the halo effect enhances the picture - mirroring the apparent
serenity of the man.

The technique is presented for comment.

If there's an easier way (well, I mean an easier way that produces as
good results :o) I'd be happy to find out.  Just so long as it does
not involve spending $500 on PS2!!!!!

Qk