gallery impressions

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was
> updated OCT 08 2005. Authors
> with work now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html  include:

Peeter Vissak
Untitled

This one really caught my attention as a thumbnail and
kept it still after opening.  I get this impression of
an eye from the sinkhole(?).  The trees make nice
thick lashes and I just find myself staring deeper
into the eye for more content.  Great image.

Bob Talbot
GB-JZE

Not really doing anything for me simply because I
can't understand the purpose of including the fence.
Good geometry, but it creates a prison feel that I
don't understand from the rest of the content...it
could be that I despise airports in the first place.

David Small
Union Square series

You've got something here with this series...two goods
shots in a row from it.  I like the halo effect, PS or
just a really bright reflection?  The mulled
background really gives him an air of peace and
contentment.

Jeff Spirer
Fingers

Disturbing shot Jeff.  I do wish I could see a little
more detail in the eyes.  It seems to create a
struggle in my impression.  The darkness of the eyes
just doesn't seem to jive with  the gentle nature of
the rest of the composition.  That aside, I really do
like the lighting.

Rubin F. Diehl
Good Friday 2005 - Clown

Like polyphonic ring tones on mobile phones, clowns
make me want to start swinging my fists as well.  Too
damned happy.  Colorful.  Why am I trying to figure
out what's behind the bastard?

Jim Snarski
I'm All Ears

Mmmmm...young tender venison.  Well framed, but too
bad about the blown highlights.  Adjust the
brightness, add a set of crosshairs in PS and Field &
Stream might take it.

D.L. Shipman
Venice rookery, Oct 05

I can only gather which stage of coitus next week's
will display.  This one forces me to look for detail.
Perhaps it's my monitor or the size reduction that
loses it.  I'm really dissappointed it's not
absolutely crisp because it's amazingly composed.

Museki Abe
People 1

A scene with fantastic potential.  Not sure if the
haze agrees with me, or the foliage in the foreground.
 But I like the pose and the tree reaching for the
pond/river.  Also, the curve of the fence leading me
to the reader is a nice touch.

Emily L. Ferguson
Mist fountain at night

Just looks foggy to me.  Not getting anything out of
it.  Wish the rocks were a little more focused, but
that's shooting for several seconds for ya.

Morley Roberts
No Duck

Loving the colors.  The only thing I can find
disturbing to me in the bottom 20% being out of focus.
   What were the settings for this?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs