Re: water in lens

That doesn't make sense to me. If the stains result from dissolved solids, they'll be there whether the drying is fast or slow. If they're from dissolving something in the lens which then is left deposited someplace else, it seems to me it would be best to get the water out as soon as possible. I don't know what lubricants are used inside lenses, but they present a concern as their surface tension will be different from that of the water so they might be displaced by the water. I assume that there is nothing in the lens that will rust.

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx