Re: Reviews gratitude

Thanks for the remarks.

RV:  Misha is one of the stars on a television program called "The OC" and since the Emmys are awards for television it was appropriate.

Marilyn:  It was a very big deal.  A chance of a lifetime, as my dear friend since age 16 and I were off doing other things in our lives, he reached out to me through his [lawyer] wife's computer program and 'tracked me down' so we had a chance to reunite after 30 years.  He is now a successful producer and member of the Television Academy.  This was an excuse for us to get together and resume our friendship.  THAT is something to envy and I thank you.

The reason I post pictures on the gallery is to share my 'eye' and unique insights.  I absolutely do not believe technical aspects of pictures can be perceived on a computer gallery like what we share.  I love it for the insights as Emily has so aptly demonstrated; and in that vein find the techno comments to be less valuable.

What I liked about this picture that I wanted you all to see, was the great array of photographers all shooting for the same thing.  Not a single professional using film at that event, and getting a pass to shoot commercial pictures is a real series of hoops, lots of money, and credible print credit/credentials.

I mean, when you see Hallie Berry snead in a plastic camera, Richard Zanik and his kids with paper disposables, you know it's tight no matter who you are or what you 'got.'

It was fun.  Lots of pretty people.  No food.  Casual conversation, fun quips, no load egoes was the greatest surprise.  Tons of fun, in fact.

Steve Shapiro, Carmel, CA