Reviews

I know submissions to the gallery are down sometimes, but I look at it all the time, learn from the images posted and look forward to seeing all the different photographs.   The efforts of you and your staff, Andy, are very much appreciated.

Emily L. Ferguson
Sunny day:   An interesting pattern made by the leaves and I like the blue, yellow and green colors in the photograph.   Nice detail in the sunflower's center.

Jim Snarski
Checkerspot:  Very nice shot with the muted background and the very sharp flower and butterfly.

Alan Zinn
March of the Flamingos:   I love seeing the flamingos.   There are too many distracting factors for my taste, though.  The sidewalk gives the photograph leading lines, but the light color draws my eyes away from the birds.   Maybe if some of the bottom of the photograph was cropped?

Steve Shapiro
Mischa Barton at the Emmys:  It must have been fun being there, Steve.   I'm jealous.

Jim Davis
Two in a Bag:   Those little faces are adorable.   The thought of someone carrying these little guys around in a bag makes me smile, so for me this is a successful shot.

Howard Leigh
Normandy, Summer 2005:  First I thought I'd like more light on the entire statue, but then I changed my mind (a woman's prerogative {:->).   I like the feeling I get when I look at the upper part of the sculpture which is well lit.   It looks as if it is reflecting light from the water, which is reflecting light from the sun.   It really gives the image a feeling of movement.

Thank you to all who shared their work this week.  I enjoyed viewing it.

Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the gallery.
Marilyn