Reviews

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

personal adj.1.  one's own or a particular person's own.

opinion n. 1. a view held as probable.

John Mason
John D'earth and Conrad Herwig:   It's different having an observer of the action in focus and the musician out-of-focus, but it works and I like it.   Effective triangular framing around the subject.

David Small
Walk in Water:  The bottom half of the image is a little dark and it's hard to see detail.   The photo is comical, though; the men's expressions are so blasé and at first glance, they appear to be walking around in flood conditions.   When I discovered the reflections were in a fountain and not from a flood, it was a surprise.

Dan Mitchell
Pulley:  I like the colors and the slanted stripes of light on the boards, very much.  I can see why your eye was attracted to this image, Dan.  I think I may have liked it better, though, if the rope had been pulled to the one side or the other to counter balance the angle of the stripes.  There is just something unsettling about the image and the rope's angle may be what it is.

Rand Flory
Autumn at Beck Lake:   At first glance I thought this had been hand colored.    The trees are startling because of their bright color and this is attractive.    Something bothers me about this photo however - and it may be just me.    I made an image of a bright yellow earthmover with everything around it "almost" silhouetted.  The number one criticism of the image was that the surrounding areas should be totally black or there should be some detail    I want to see more detail in the rocks around the trees, or see the area completely black.

Jeff Spirer
Maple Shack:  This is a fascinating photo for me because I've never seen the inside of a maple shack before.   It brings a hundred questions to my mind (How is the maple syruup made?  How long does it take?  What is all the equipment oin the room?).   I can smell the damp wood and maple.

Greg Fraser
Hidden Meaning:   When enlarged, this photo comes to life.  The stamens (pistils?) look as if they are floating above the petals.   I can also see the shapes of letters - "E", "L", "V", etc. - and this adds interest, as does the touch of red in the upper left-hand portion of the image.

Don Draper:  Nice composition and framing; good colors and detail.  This would be stunning against a black background.

jIMMY Harris
A SUNSET - It happens everyday:  Sunsets do happen every day, but we still seem to be fascinated by them.   I'm drawn to the sky's indigo-blue glow in this photograph, and I think I would have cropped closer to the sun to increase this glow.   Beautiful colors.

Jim Davis
Fairy Reflection:  Right away, my eyes went to the delicate, ethereal look of the wing feathers.    Have you tried cropping just to the wings?   The light color of the water detracts from the image because of the white bird being against the light-colored water.   (Get together with jIMMY, Jim, and place your bird and reflection in jIMMY's indigo-blue and purple background  {:->)

Andrew Davidhazy
Warped outlook:  This photo seems to be a metaphor for life - it passes us by at warp speed.  I like the flow of the image - kind of like it's melting together.

Marilyn Dalrymple