Southern vs. Western time

To tell the truth I have no idea if the points of the compass are correct or
not but upon a second glance at Dan Mitchell's photograph of the Spherical
Objects it seems to me that the clocks are indicating different times for at
least two directions. But maybe this was mentioned online earlier and I just
missed it. If so it just shows how observant I am (not very!).

So, is there a reason for the discrepancy? BTW, this photograph can be found
at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Oh, I also noticed the discontinuity in jIMMY's photograph of the cormorants. I
like the birds but how did that smooth/granular texture happen? Since the birds
were photographed with a mirror lens looking through a hot, turbid, atmosphere
I assign some of the artifacts to that and the artifacts work for me but the
textural discontinuities are disturbing - to me anyway, as well.

Gotta "love" John's work and as was pointed out Chris did show a side we have
not often seen before!! Shipman's work is phallic (is that good or bad?) and
Jim's flower smacks of innocence - like there is a face in the flower wanting
to say something - cute! ... Emily's (also phallic) lighthouse I like too ...
not sure whether blue one is better or not ... both good! King/Arthur ... hmmmm
.... recent history? weird feeling. For action Elizaga's is perplexing while
Reeves' is dynamic and appropriate for the moment ... maybe a tad dark on my
screen. Jeff ... well, Jeff is Jeff! always makes you think with his B&W
photographs. Richard's "faces" - hmmm ... somewhat disjointed but good idea!

adieu for now,

Andy