Re: Adobe Raw vs. Capture One LE

I am brand new to CS2 and to Mac so I figured I should weigh in as well. I am not at all impressed with the Bridge...I liked the browser very much tho because it was faster. Of course when I used it I was on a pc so maybe that's the difference.

I've used Pro Shooter which comes with the Canon 20D and I liked it ok but for ease of use I've kind of settled on Adobe RAW. Not sure I've used either long enough to compare but I am inclined to look for more Mac options. What else is there?

lea

On Sep 25, 2005, at 10:20 PM, Terry wrote:

I only used C1 for a brief period of time, I did not care for it, but you are correct Adobe RAW sucks big time, and the fact that it has a ton of auto settings that you have to uncheck each time you open a file is ridiculous!
Terry L. Mair
Mair's Photography
158 South 580 East
Midway, Utah 84049
435-654-3607
www.mairsphotography.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "James B. Davis" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:25 PM
Subject: Adobe Raw vs. Capture One LE

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:49:18 -0500, lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

Thanks for your input. I did some messing around and realized I'd
backed the files up twice on different external drives....one with
the ratings and one before I'd done the ratings so I did find them
and am so happy not to have to do that again!

Thanks for your response...I appreciate it.

Speaking of the Adobe Bridge and Adobe Raw converter. I recently had a
chance to install PSCS2 and check out the RAW conversion. I have been
using Capture One LE for some time now and all I can say is "Adobe Raw
sucks, C1 rocks."

Maybe I'm missing something, haven't explored every possibility yet,
but can anyone who has used both please tell me if I'm wrong, or why
they think Adobe Raw is good?

I did find that Adobe Raw has some nice features - if you like to work
on one raw file at a time. But for serious work on a whole bunch of
raw files, it is just a pain in the arse. Capture One on the other
hand is very easy to use, has lots of features too, and just makes it
much faster to make preview files and process the keepers.

One more thing - is there any possible use for the 'Bridge'? I mean
it's more or less a useless go between, why bother? What is the use of
the Bridge, I don't get it.

--
Jim Davis, Nature Photography:
 http://naturephoto.easternbeaver.com/