Re: bridge question

I tried to mark a jpeg with a star rating and got this message: "Labels and Ratings are stored in XMP metadata. If a file does not have a method to store XMP they will be stored in the cache only." I purged the cache and closed and re-opened Bridge and it retained the star. I tried also with RAW and PSD files and the stars were retained, though I didn't try with multiple pictures.

Are you by chance viewing files in Bridge with filtering by rating? The default is unfiltered and your stars (and starred files) should show up.

Cheers,

Rich