Gallery comments

Thank you to all who were willing to share their work in this week's gallery.   I enjoyed all the images.  You all get an A+ for making the effort to take photographs, share them with us and for letting PF members comment on them.

Sue Butler
Colour & Movement:  Beautiful color and I like the composition and framing.   I think, however, that there should have been more movement to show that the wind is blowing, or less movement so the back petals could be in focus.

Greg Fraser
Plant:   I really like the movement (curving of the leaves), shapes and forms, but I would like to see everything in focus - more depth of field.  A very interesting shot, however.

Elson T. Elizaga
The Kiss:  Comical, nicely presented.   Good work.

Emily L. Ferguson
Arument approaches Shona:  I like all the detail in the sails and as you say, Emily, it looks as if the two boats are about to hit each other.  What makes this interesting is the at ease stances of the men on the boat - as if they couldn't be less concerned about the close proximity of the two boats.

Jim Davis
Fisher Meeting:  This photo doesn't quite grab me.  No matter how hard I try to ignore it, the white dot in the lower, right hand portion of the image distracts me.  It's a little too gray and monochrome - no real color to catch my eye, but not gray enough to give the feel of a foggy, damp morning.   I keep trying to see around the left hand side of the photo, thought, to see what's at the end of the fishing rod.

Renate Volz
Incandescence: I love it!   Beautiful warm colors; it could be sand dunes under the hot desert sun or fading flower petals.

Howard Leigh
Sunset, Normandy, Summer 2005:  I think this photograph offers too much information, which detracts from the exciting part of the image.   I'd love to see this cropped down to the left hand side with the gull included.

Christopher Strevens
Charity Homes in London:  This photograph makes the building look stark, lonely and sad.  It could have been taken anywhere.

Bob Talbot
No Cycling:  Please tell me you had a camera strap - with camera attached - around your neck and that you were wearing a helmet {:->

Pini Vollach:
I'm not sure what I should be looking at in this photograph.   There are several areas, though, that do catch my interest.  I like the upper center part (it looks like a wall with a crack in it).  I'm also drawn to the object reflected in the window in the upper, left hand corner.   The photograph could use more contrast.   There is too much gray and that detracts from the interest and strength of the image.

I like it when a photographer is willing to try something different and you did accomplish that, Pini.

Thank you to Andy and staff for all your dedication and hard work keeping the gallery going.   Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.

Mother Teresa