Re: comparison

The rebel has two advantages. Price!!!! and weight. Other than that everything else from the sensor to the body material is better on tbe 20D

One major problem for me with the rebel is the inability to use any flash other than oned dedicated and on the camera.
It has no PC connection and you can't use one of those hot-shoe adapters because of the way that the Canon flash system works. It fires apre-flash before the shutter opens to get exposure data. So if you use a hot-shoe adapter, the studio flash (Or any off-camera flash) fires before the shutter opens.

Of course the 20D has a far more robust body (Magnesium alloy) and feels more like a "REAL" camera for those brought up on a Canon F1 or Nikon F2 with motor drives.
But here's a URL that has a mile-long list of what's better on the 20D

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/eos_digital_rebel_xt_vs_20d.html#better

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

I've been comparing the Canon 20D, 8.2 Megapixel SLR with the EOS Rebel XT
8.0 Megapixel SLR and I'd like to hear opinions and comments on both
cameras - especially if you have used both or either.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.