Gallery of 9/7/05

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Quick and dirty!

Sue Butler - I like the concept but don't think this exemplifies it well. Could just be focus or shaky hands. Keep trying this and show some more.

Greg Frazer - Dealt with this in a previous email to the list. Like it a lot when it looks like I think was intended.

Elson Elizaga - Not fond of dog kisses, suspicious of pit bulls and don't see why this was presented like a stereo pair. Strikes no positive chord with me.

Emily Ferguson - Like the angles at play and the scene in general. I feel it should have more zap since it probably did in reality. Maybe telephoto and humidity dulled it a bit but.....

Jim Davis - Not up to Jim's usual standards for me. Seems like a snapshot. Some critical element, human or esthetic, is missing. Won't get into horizon.

Renate Volz - Succeeds conceptually and pictorially for me. Evocative of slot canyon or sand dune photos showing mirroring of images in different scales.

Howard Leigh - Gull bothers the heck out of me. Looks like a double exposue because the tonality doesn't match the rest of the scene at all. It should have some flare around it like the rock does. Also needs cropping I think.

Chris Strevens - What to say, Chris? A record shot that means more to you than me. At least it hasn't been altered with filters or Bryce.

Bob Talbot - A revelatory shot I think. The real Bob Talbot very much on view. I like but really think you should have leveled the handlebars. Just kidding. The tension would be gone if things were on the level.

Pini Vollach - Another what to say for me, Pini. I'm not sure what was attempted but I get a much too busy monochromatic puzzle. Maybe a little PS work could help. Don't know.

I would like to thank all of you who reviewed last week's gallery and my snow picture. ISP problems and some thorny family issues kept from replying then. Belated thanks.

Don

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. -H.L. Mencken, writer, editor, and critic (1880-1956)