Re: what just happened?

Is the file with the psd the one on the CD?

Try copying the file to your desktop. From there open file info Cmd(Apple)-I and set the default application for opening the file to PSCS. There's a box in file info to specify that and you can also make it a blanket rule.

Then close file info and try dragging and dropping the file on PS. I keep PS in my Dock. Too much trouble to go rooting through the apps folder every time I need it.

A few other things about the Mac. Just in case you haven't found out about them yet:

You can keep an app or folder or file in the dock simply by clicking on its icon when it's there and choosing Keep in Dock. You can get it out of the Dock by dragging it to the desktop.

You may come into situations where you can't print something or write to it and that may have to do with the permissions you have in File Info. As long as you are the Admin, which you are as the sole user, you can reset those permissions to read and write in File Info.

You can Hide a file or folder or app with the Cmd-H command. Very useful for apps you use all day long - avoid the endless splash screen waiting.

You can set up your login/startup routine to automatically launch certain apps (Mail, Safari, PS, Calendar, etc.) when you start up in the morning by opening the "Accounts" System Pref and selecting the Startup Items tab and you can rearrange the items in the menu to open in your favorite order.

Remember to use Cmd-J when you want to set the display preference for your folders.

Go through all the System Prefs and get acquainted with what each of them does.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx