tonic water and the compact flash cards

Just to keep everyone updated, I did indeed dry out the cards using just a fan blowing air at them. I didn't wash them out in distilled water simply because I didn't have any on hand. I did use a water-moistened paper towel to clean then dry them and best as I could tell, there wasn't any water in the little holes.

Late this afternoon I got up the courage to try them in my card reader and all were recognized just fine. I haven't yet put them in my camera but likely will give it a go tomorrow. Two of the four cards that got soaked were 1 gig cards so I hate to lose them and thankfully it doesn't appear I will.

I'm amazed by the numbers of my fellow photographers who have sent these cards thru the wash because they were in pants pockets. In this case at least it must be a benefit to be a woman who uses a bag or purse to tote them.

By the way, for those who wondered, my last name is, indeed, Murphy.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

lea
www.whinydogpress.com