Re: Yes I have a camera

But it is a nice hot humid summer day. Did I take a photograph today? May be I should take at least one snap of the local universe every day.

A shall not be much longer and you will not get my posts.

Chris, a sad Chris.

Chris,

A few years ago, a good friend from the Pinhole list, sent a screaming email to the list when he found his cancer has revived. He was terrified. But during his stay at the hospital, he photographed his fears, the medical tratment, the connection with other patients and you can find these images on the web at
http://www.pinhole.com/archive/399
http://www.pinhole.com/gallery/lindsay

He's still struggling hard against the desease. But he's never given up and he's used his pinhole camera as a tool to keep the illness at bay.

Of all things, photography has been the one creative venue that has helped me move out of deep despair in front of the dehumanizing world. The camera lens helped me to look at the world with a sense of protection from the direct confrontation with its inherent violence. The camera helped me record events --good or bad -- in a way that I could subsequently handle them at my own rythm.

Only you can act! Not the people being destroyed around you. Not if you let yourself be submerged.

Yes, you have a camera.  Keep using it!  For yourself, nobody else.
It's the most powerful weapon you'll ever find againt your perception of a desolate world.

Because the camera always sees what the human eye does not....

Guy