Re: Gallery Review 9-3-05

Hi Shyrell,

Ah, the purple stuff - many ways to skin this cat.  The easiest one is to use the desaturation tool on the areas, also the most destructive.  I used it here because it can be done in seconds.  You can also go to the saturation/hue, select this shade and tone it down or change it to the color of the background.... and several other ways.
I liked "Complete Digital Photography" by Ben Long, which comes with tutorials on cd. Great to get you started.
I took the liberty to do your photo over my way just to illustrate it.
Looks like you took it one morning ?  Well, I moved the clock to evening by tweaking it all into a little warmer light with Levels.  I also seem to have acquired an obsession with the shed's door.  :-))
Do take some pix of the dusty interior with the evening light shining through this door! :-)

Hope you don't mind,
Renate

http://static.flickr.com/32/40873019_6891509a75_o.jpg

On 9/6/05, Shyrell Melara <shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It just looks like an old shed.  How can I tell it is a kitchen?
> Chris

Come to think of it, I don't know for sure. Only what I was told by someone
who used to live in the house.

> Oh, dear!  You blew out the sky completely and your camera has bad
> > problem with purple fringing.  I would have focused way closer on the
> ragged door with the pink sunlight falling across, get some details and
> > textures going. Sometimes a smaller detail expresses more about a
>  > subject than a broad view  of the whole thing.    My favorite
> painter,  > Georgia O'Keeffe's gave this advice, and one of the best I
> ever heard. Renate

Thank you, Renate. My camera has no settings for me to change. Any
suggestions as to how I could fix a sky like this in PS? I am patently
technically illiterate. Thanks.

Bob T.- Sent you this by mistake. See bottom of this message in your off list address.

Shyrell

Melara Family Photography
Preserving Precious Memories...
http://shyrellmelara.tripod.com

Search for businesses by name, location, or phone number.  -Lycos Yellow Pages

http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC="">

--
I hate flowers. I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move. - Georgia O'Keeffe

http://www.imagesbyrenate.com