Re: question about video on a web site

> Meantime, here is the link to the site: www.leebowersproductions.com
>
> This is a client-designed site, I did the build.

Lea

On my 56k dialup the first page (splash screen) took 50 secs to load.

Looking at the image: 260 K!!

Anyway, did a quick test, reduced it to 47 K in jpeg wixard then did a
blind trial ... loaded the two side by side with the titles hidden.
My eyes could not honestly tell which was which.

The next page (home page) alone took well over a minute (307K of
images)
Rigid image-based design comes at a price.

The Pastels Index was much quicker (only 55K).

I'm beginning to wonder what is the point of broadband.
I used to think it was to enable us to browse the web quicker but
increasingly it seems it's used to allow web site designers not to
worry about optimising their sites - or to include animations/bloat
(delete as appropriate) ...

It's the way of the world :o(

As to the paintings: they are really quite nice.  Well worth the visit

On a minor thing: Even from work (100 Mb connection) switching images
resulted in a blue-white-blue flash.
As much as I don't like full-screen panels (to force the user to see
it how you designed it) if it's going to be that way I might include a
blank graded blue background panel in the <BODY  background="> tag
which at least when cached (the same image file for every panel) might
make the transitions less white.

I'm wondering how many people "over there" are still on slow dialup.
If it hadn't been a project you'd been involved with I wouldn't have
got as far as the paintings on my connection.

Bob