Re: studio lighting

I am currently using a three light setup of Alien Bees. Todate, I have had no problems with them. I am using a 800 and 2 400ws lights. But, I have not tested them rigorously (my use is very moderate, say 1-2 hrs a week). They have a stepless output adjusters and modelling lamps that adjust according to output.
No tech service was needed yet, but I have heard that they are very good in that respect. The lights themselves are cheaper, ~$350, I bought light stands as well as umbrellas and a giant softbox from them. But, I must say that if possible, buy a softbox from other companies, the ones that they sell are not that great.
see url:
www.alienbees.com
-achal