Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: 6th August Gallery - comments

On 8/10/05, SteveS <sgshiya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-snip-

> Don't worry - I will.  But the day I start to call myself an artist ...
> please shoot me.
>

> bob

Just for interest, what's the problem with calling yourself an artist?

S. Shapiro

There are some that believe the title of artist is given by others,
not by ones self.

There was a LensWork Magazine Podcast that covered that topic not too long ago.

The link to many of the individual MP3s are at
http://www.lenswork.com/lwb.htm

and the exact audio file is at
http://www.lenswork.com/blog/050727hi.mp3

If you want to subscribe to the Podcast feed, they have a description here
http://www.lenswork.com/lwpc.htm