Re: 6th August Gallery - comments

<The comments in any critique are a personal view, and as such subjective. I
could not see the art in the picture, but that is possibly MY personal or
biased view.>

And your comments are most welcome too.
My reply was not intended in any way as a rebuttal - more an explanation.
The space issue: well, I half expected comments with that ... but at least they are not as predicatable here as they would be at a camera club :o)

I don't know - should I say can't explain - why the picture worked for me with all that negative space - but it did.  At the time (no the day) I did try a conventional "crop" with the building more traditionally place but it did absolutely nothing for me (to the extent I didn't even press the shutter).  Indeed: that really did look like the proverbial record shot  :o)

Maybe, as it stands, if I'd had a woman in a straw hat and child over to the right it would have been more balanced?

<I can only say that if it satisfies you GREAT, and if you consider it art
this is good, not and excuse.>
Richard - whenever I mention art and my own work in the same sentence I assure you my toungue is always firmly in my cheek ;o0

And in truth I'm not sure if it does satisfy me either - maybe in the curate's egg sense it does but as a whole?

<Keep taking the photos, they present a challenge, one which I did not
perceive and is not my style.>
Don't worry - I will.  But the day I start to call myself an artist ... please shoot me.

bob