Re: 6th August Gallery - comments

----- Original Message -----
From: "Qkano" <snapper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: 6th August Gallery - comments

> <Keep taking the photos, they present a challenge, one which I did not
> perceive and is not my style.>
> Don't worry - I will.  But the day I start to call myself an artist ...
please shoot me.

> bob

Why do you dislike the title 'artist' ?  Is it due to the number of people
who have subverted the title, for me people like Tracy Ulman and her unmade
bed ? Or the pile of old tyres which was stacked on the embankment I seem to
remember and called Art.
Or the putting up of swimming pool signs round the town of Norwich,
similarly to road signs, and calling it artistic !

Richard.
r.wrigley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
the right way, did not become still more complicated"
Poul Anderson