Re: I see dead people

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 06:45:53 +0100, Bob Talbot
<BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>> I disagree, the color profile embedded takes up very little
>bandwidth
>> in a world of big pipes and fast computers. If displaying an image
>in
>> it's proper color space can be achieved, I say it's a good thing.
>>
>> Even Internet Exploder is color space aware.
>
>Jim
>
>I won't dispute the accuracy of that statement - in theory at least -
>but the three PC's I've looked at the gallery from (all IE6) all
>appear to ignore the profile embedded in Emily's last image.  Opening
>the same JPEG in PhotoShop I'm prompted to convert or ignore it.
>
>Is this "colour space awareness" an option you have to turn on?
>
>On my Win 98 machine I could understand being out of date (I have not
>paid MS for the "upgrade" which imposes rights management on me yet).
>At work though, the machine is XP SP2 and fully patched yet ... it
>still ignores the profiles
>
>Perhaps I had better do a side-by-side test.
>
>I need a web page with the same image with different colour spaces
>embedded ...
>
>Bob
>

>PS: I'm still on 56K dialup at home (live too far from the exchange
>for 1Mb) :o(

I believe everything we see on windows uses sRGB, whether you know it
or not. I find having no colour space makes an image look rather dull
at times.

I will put up some samples when I get a chance. Meanwhile, I use only
Firefox in any case.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/