Re: I see dead people

> I disagree, the color profile embedded takes up very little
bandwidth
> in a world of big pipes and fast computers. If displaying an image
in
> it's proper color space can be achieved, I say it's a good thing.
>
> Even Internet Exploder is color space aware.

Jim

I won't dispute the accuracy of that statement - in theory at least -
but the three PC's I've looked at the gallery from (all IE6) all
appear to ignore the profile embedded in Emily's last image.  Opening
the same JPEG in PhotoShop I'm prompted to convert or ignore it.

Is this "colour space awareness" an option you have to turn on?

On my Win 98 machine I could understand being out of date (I have not
paid MS for the "upgrade" which imposes rights management on me yet).
At work though, the machine is XP SP2 and fully patched yet ... it
still ignores the profiles

Perhaps I had better do a side-by-side test.

I need a web page with the same image with different colour spaces
embedded ...

Bob

PS: I'm still on 56K dialup at home (live too far from the exchange
for 1Mb) :o(