How can I replicate a print effect PS ?

hi all!
it seems that among others i will be designing a CD cover for a local band...Layout is set, pics will be taken as soon as temp drops down to managable leves, but i nedd uor advice on Replicating a particlur color print effect with PS.
here is my references on the effect:
http://www.tinder.org/tinderography/albums/images/botanique.jpg
http://www.tinder.org/tinderography/albums/images/canourlove.jpg
http://www.philnicholls.co.uk/portfolio/tindersticks/images/photos/ts009.jpg
http://www.philnicholls.co.uk/portfolio/tindersticks/printsales.htm

pics 2&3 are right on the mark...I am refering to the washing out of the colors...
As far as I know Nichols prints his own colors, and i like it enough to flatter him with imitation (or something close to it)

Thanks, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!