RE: photoshop brush help

Lea, I haven't paid enough attention to know if you solved your problem or not but this may help.

I use PS 7 and when I select a brush, on the top right hand side of the screen there are three tabs labeled 'File Browser' 'Brushes' and 'Paragraph'. Click the 'Brushes' tab. In there, there is a setting for 'scatter'. This adjusts how often the brush lays down 'ink'. De-select it and that may fix your problem.

Greg