From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan C
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 2:04 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Digital Camera Shoot-Out

If the Canon 1Ds had been entered, it would have been in the "Advanced
Digital SLR" category, where it would have competed against the Leica
DMR (and the Nikon D2X, if it existed then), and who knows what the
outcome would have been.  I have no idea what if any the D7 competed
against, but likely contenders would have been the Nikon D70,  the Canon
20D and digital rebel,  and the pentax whatever-it-is-called.

I happen to own a 7D and see nothing surprising about it comparing
favourably against these cameras.  Emily, have you ever held one in your
hand?  Looked through the viewfinder?   Taken some photographs with one?
Try and be a little open minded.

But yes, it is possible that there were no other entries in the DSLR
category as there were no extras in the Advanced category.

-dan c.