Re: OT - UK blasts

>>>I don't know where you've been since 9/11, but we did not just go about our business! Look at our pictures, the galleries, the money raised for our firemen. Our whole focus shifted to community interest, an new hero was raised in personnage of our Firemen.>>>

Where have I been? Well, I have been right here in SLC, making money and having a good time living my life. Just like everyone I know is doing.

For most of us, it is now business as usual. I do not care about the pictures, galleries, and money raised for the firemen. Every horrific event brings out the best in people at least for a short time, so helping others and expressing ourselves is what we do and for some, it is helpful. Give it a few years, and the events of 9/11 will dissipate in the minds of many, if not most.

I am betting many Americans have already forgotten what the firemen did on that day and really do not care as fervently as they did in the days immediately following the event. It is not that they do not care; there are many other things to worry about.

After all, many Americans do not really care about Pearl Harbor, an event far worse than the 9/11 events, or the events of yesterday in the UK.

Most people grieve and eventually, they shake it off and get back to business and living their lives as they existed before the events of 9/11. We are quite good at it.

It has always been this way in this country. We can "get" over most anything and we should continue to act as American have always acted. I am not saying the tragedy should be in any way minimized, but we cannot let "them" win, either.

There is very little the average American can do about it, this early in the investigation. I only hope those British folk that decried our going to war due to 9/11 and suggested we "deserved" what we got on that fateful day, take a step back and realize that yesterday, they were brutally forced into the game. Like it or not, it is time to play.

>>>For a year, we were innundated with tv specials on architecture and architectural engineering. Businesses were rebord, AND many of the businesses -- nearby restaurants -- gave away food. As opposed to the London Hotel rate hike. No, this is not treated like 9/11 and there is no reason to NOT treat it like 9/11

The people making the claim are Al Queda. So, until it's refuted -- as in the Spain attack -- we can only look at it as a renegade Islamic group making the attack.>>>

I am not sure we should compare London to NYC and the WTC because there are differences. Sure I feel bad about London, but I have noticed we are not covering the events as widely as we covered the WTC and 9/11. Perhaps it is because it happened in England and not here in the United States of America.

It is really simple: someone killed 37(?) people with explosives; be it bombs in the tubes or aircraft flying into the twin towers, an attack is an attack and terrorism is terrorism. The big question is who did it. A terrorist cell or a home grown follower of some group we have yet to hear from. I do not think Mr. Blair is likely to let it slide, however.

Many groups will likely claim they did it. Until we know, we should avoid making assumptions.

Bob