Re: Anyone still using Cibachrome? In Australia?

Dang! I'm several thousand miles away
Cibachromes are still the most beautiful prints I've done. Fantastic reds and yellows! I guess al that may still be worht it, specially if you want to learn the intrincancies of this method. I guess the papers may still be good, but they may have developed some color cast.
There is nothing wrong with giving them a try and see :)

Steve Hodges wrote:

I have just spoken to someone who has a trailor load of cibachrome paper and chemicals that are going to be sent to waste disposal.

Apparently the stuff was being used 4 years ago and was stored in a cool (although not refrigerated) room.

Oh, there's also a cibachrome processor there too.

If anyone is prepared to pay the freight on it (or collect it if they're in Western Australia) it will be their's for the taking.

Alternatively, if anyone's willing to say that cibachrome paper will be long past it's use by date if stored this way, speak up (I've not used cibachrome, but I have my suspicions).

Loosely speaking, this comes from the estate of a photographer (It's a bit more complex than that, but it describes why it's happening).

Steve

--
Pablo Coronel
Ph.D. Candidate