Exhibit comments

Guy Glorieux
Ogunquit Beach: a
game of "petanque":  I like the low angle of this shot and the way the red and blue balls draw  the viewer's eye to the people.   Something seems to be missing, though.  Stronger, more diagonal shadows miaght have helped?   Clouds in the sky?   I'm just not sure.

David Small
Soulmates:   This shot made me smile.  One reason is that the two are mimicking the positions of each other, the other reason I smiled is that they are so oblivious to the camera.   If the subjects were just a little more to the left of the pictures frame . . . .

Herschel Mair
BEN:   Who wouldn't love that face?  A nice exposure - good job.

Mair
BEN
Tim Mulholland
Desert Dipper:  The tent adds interest to this shot.   I tried cropping it from the top down and I like it better, as a horizontal cropped just above the bottom 1/3 of the image, but I understand you probably wanted to keep all the stars in the photograph.   How did you determine your exposure?

Bob Talbot
Doge:   I like this shot very much.    It is framed and cropped nicely and the soft colors are attractive.  Will you tell us a little more about it?   Where was it taken?  What type of building is it?  Do you think it might be stronger if you burned around the edges of the print slightly?   That would draw the viewer's eye deeper into the photograph.

Don Roberts
Farm to Market:   The color from the bottom of the photograph to just above the center, is wonderful.  From that point of the image and above, it loses a little impact because of the graying of the colors.   Was it a cloudy or hazy day?   I think if the photograph was cropped to just above the line of trees in the center  of the photograph it would really be a powerful shot.

Emily L. Ferguson
God and mammon -
Trinity Church and
the Hancock Tower:  A great contrast of old and new.   I like the old better.

Peeter Vissak
Faces again:   Your tree photographs remind me of paintings a local artist does.  They are of his "Treech" people.   He is writing a book  - the characters are his "Treeches."   Here is his web site so you can see if you think your photographs and his artwork have any similarities.

I enjoyed this weeks gallery.   Thank you to all who shareed their work.   My comments were thoughts and suggestions, only.   I was trying to say something constructive and more than,  "Wow!  What a great photo."

Marilyn

Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.

Mother Teresa