Re: Exhibit comments

>       Bob Talbot
>       Doge:   I like this shot very much.    It is framed and
cropped nicely and the soft colors are attractive.  Will you tell us a
little more about it?   Where was it taken?  What type of building is
it?  Do you think it might be stronger if you burned around the edges
of the print slightly?   That would draw the viewer's eye deeper into
the photograph.

Marilyn

To answer your question: it was taken at about 6:00 am in St mark's
Square, Venice, Italy.
Hence the title!

I used a 200mm lens on a tripod both for composition and the dim
pre-sunrise light.

As to liking it: for me it's hollow, "Dull" to quote the other
reviewer.  What it needed was some human interest: something going on.
At the risk of upsetting Guy Glorieux, I've made a composite of two
shots from the gallery:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/photoforum/xmas/talbot-y.jpg

Not sure the attire is exactly appropriate mind you, but it has some
action ...

Bob