Gallery Comments

Photos here http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html.

This review is sort of negative but I don't get to pick when I have time to review so here you go.

Howard Leigh (River Stowe, Canterbury, June 2005) - The vertical format of this image makes me feel claustrophobic. I would like to enjoy the scenery (I find it so strange to see homes built in water) I just want to get out of here.

Rick Kessler (Tender kindness) - Not doing anything for me.

Andrea Coffey (Sketchy) - Did you submit to the wrong gallery? Was this supposed to be a 'Foot Gallery' shot? This image is not working for me.

Marilyn Dalrymple (The Great Escape) - To be honest, this image doesn't do much for me either. I'm really on a roll here. But what makes this different for me is that Marilyn shot it and it is very much a Marilyn shot and for that reason it makes me smile. Another slice of Dalrymple world.

Terry L. Mair (On the Cummings Park Way) - Nice scenery but I don't think I've ever seen a photo that was in more desperate need of people. The emptiness of the road and the foreground in particular makes me nervous. Perhaps I just need to up my dosage.

C J R Strevens (Fusion Reactor Chamber) - Jules Verne comes to mind. Get us a shot from the same spot once she's fired up.

Jeff Spirer (Swoon) - Very nice. I like the cropping and the shadow detail and also the sabattier shoulders but most of all I like the wrinkles in her dress. Not sure why though.

Mark Harris (Craft Fair Shadow) - I like finding things in the shadows (like the alligator and ghetto blaster) but is it art?

Louis C Smith (Oliver) - Very nice lighting. Good shot.

Per Ofverbeck (Shadows) - Squares, circles, straight lines and squiggly lines. What else is there? The regular diagonals of the floor tiles gives me a totally different feeling than the flowing furniture lines. I'm not sure I can accept the two styles in the same image. However, I love looking at the shadows furniture like this creates with the sun's help.

Thanks to the PF staff for another fine gallery.

Greg Fraser
Past Master of Funk
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg