Raw in PS2

While Photos hop CS raw left something to be desired, PS CS2 is ahead of the game.

Jeff Spirer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 10:06 PM 6/14/2005, Joseph Chamberlain, DDS wrote:

>Knowing that Photoshop CS's Camera Raw is probably (in fact almost
>certainly) the best RAW file converter available today,

How do you know this? It hasn't been my experience.

> I would like to read
>your opinions and suggestions on other RAW converters available as well as
>their advantages and disadvantages.

Ifranview is incredibly fast at conversion and has a great interface but
not many parameters for conversion.

RawShootersEssential has much better parameters for conversion than Adobe's
converters and can give much more control and, in my experience, better
results than Adobe's converter. The batching mechansim is very nice - you
can work on additional images during conversion. Since it's free, at least
for now, there isn't much reason not to try it. The only drawback is that
it is PC-only.

Many people prefer Capture One to the Adobe converter, but I haven't tried it.

Canon's converter produces good results but doesn't have a great interface
and is very slow.

Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com