Vintage or Obsolete? (was Re: phase one and blad?)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peeter Vissak"

I've been thinking about selling it (sometimes), but not so urgently.

Actually, I'm in the same situation with a similar piece of equipment (Blad 500 C/M with 80mm 2.8 T* Planar, etc..). I rarely use it but I would hate to let it go. I bought it used 10 years ago for around 2 grands. It's a great piece of equipment and it would seem a shame to let it go at half the price. My grandchildren may actually be thrilled to have it when turns into a real vintage camera in a half-century.

I also own two 4x5 enlargers (a Chromega and a DeVere free standing) and I couldn't be persuaded to let either go, even though I only use the DeVere.

Are there others on the list who feel the same about their cherished outdated equipment (camera, enlarger, etc...)?

Guy Glorieux