Re: digital future - was something else.

At 12:16 AM 6/11/2005,, K  wrote:

To be perfectly frank, the course slid rapidly downhill after the Borg took
over - where once I'd find students examining roll after roll of perfectly
exposed, perfectly focussed E6 film on the light table to find the one
great image,

Sounds like a dream class come true... well equipped, well motivated, well trained and obviously taught by a master!

I was instead seeing rows of students sitting in front of
variably hued mac screens staring at thumbnails first to find the correctly
exposed shots, then enlarging the remainder to find the few that were also
in focus, and then fiddling for hours with the one or two remnants of their
shoot that could be salvaged.

How lamentable... patently shoddy equipment and distressing training by an obviously disinterested and inept instructor! Were the poor students able to salvage any of their tuition fee?

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.