Cc: <andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 1:03 PM
Subject: Images on view at PF exhibit space

seen hanging on the PhotoForum exhibit wall on the web at:
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Bob Talbot - Walk
One (me) is drawn to this photograph by the incongruous placement of "masses" in the photograph as well as the apparent flattening of perspective of the rock or whatever. Adding an element of mystery is the "fish" or bag the person is
carrying. Hmmmm ... there has got to be a story line somewhere!

Marilyn Dalrymple - Atomic Number 13
I feel a strong connection with the photograph as it reminds me of convection eddys or channels or flows - things that I've examined myself. On the other
hand maybe that is not what this is at all. Anyway, eye-catching to me!

Emily L. Ferguson - Stad Amsterdam goes to the starting line
I can see this - I can see the intent - I think this suffers a bit from having to be reduced to such a small size. I can just feel the ship sliding into its
rightful place - shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kostas Papakotas - Broken Ship
I don't relate to this photograph much. I understand is is a beached ship but
it does not "speak" to me of smuggling, a wreck, pirates ... just a scene.

Greg Fraser - View From the Top
Design after my own heart! Pretty cool vision. Almost Mondrianesque but better.

Howard Leigh - Zygocactus, Spring 2005
Tired blooms ... and way too big to fit on my monitor so I have to scroll back
and forth and this detracts some more from the image for me anyway.

Margaret Lucas - power to the puddles
Appropriate title but not as clearly interpreted as I would have liked. The drops are not clearly shown/seen, there is a bit too much shadow and darkness
for my taste.

Andrew Davidhazy - Torso in blue
What's with the cut off head? The shoulder line really needs or would benefit from the presence of a Mackie line in that area. There is a disturbing profile
described on the body by the model. Try again but move the lights to a
different spot so the line down the body is not so scary.

well, that is it, my opinions more or less.

andy