Re: Finishing film; was Re: test

Yep, sure you get the same level of control in a scan. I have thousands of old slides myself that I plan to go through and scan the best ones. Only, to get a decent scan to even start fine-tuning will take me up to half an hour (dusting, loading, dusting again, prescan, crop, scan, adjust levels, save, open in PS, cloning out all the dust particles that escaped) while a digicam shot is already at that stage immediately after download. For my old slides I have no choice, but new ones simply aren´t worth it UNLESS I see the need to project them (and I seldom do; those snoring sounds in the dark are too disconcerting).

Also, if you "can always find a particular slide easily", you are a far better man than me.... For negs, at least I have the contact sheets, but trying to find a slide drives me NUTS!

Still, this is no attempt to prove that I´m right and you´re wrong. Probably we would both be uncomfortable if we tried each other´s workflow...

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se