Re: Announcement about Kodak

<<My Comment: You assume processing Kodachrome damages the
environment. I am not sure this is true. I must then ask what about
the effluents from the black and white processing? Sorry, as far as I
am concerned, this is a silly notion. If you want to add colors, fine.
Use black and white film and have at it. I simply believe processing
Kodachrome as black and white, adding colors digitally, and using
environmental concerns to "justify" this process is silly because
processing B/W creates effluents.>>

Bob

Environmental convcerns should be everything Bob

I always do a full environmental audit before using any camera
equipment - weighting the amount of various wastes by the toxicities
of their individual components.  Factoring in not only the
consumables, but the manufacturing by-products.  I make allowances for
stuff that already exists - that is a camera I already own has zero
further impact whereas any replacement is de novo damage etc etc. I
print on both sides of the paper, you know the stuff.  Must consider
the whole picture.

Then I drive into the countryside in my Government subsidized Hummer
:o)