Re: Announcement about Kodak

(Original Post) "You can process Kodachrome as B&W film and add the colors  in Photoshop.
Ektachrome which I still use as my main film does have  better rendering of
yellowish item like wheat now than  Kodachrome."

(I Said) "Come on, now. Get serious. Why would you want to waste the time and gain
absolutely nothing?"

(The Reply Was) "If the person was seriously about not effecting the environment, this could
be a slower  but effective way to avoid the problem. But of course it is
easier to just shoot film normally."

My Comment: You assume processing Kodachrome damages the environment. I am not sure this is true. I must then ask what about the effluents from the black and white processing? Sorry, as far as I am concerned, this is a silly notion. If you want to add colors, fine. Use black and white film and have at it. I simply believe processing Kodachrome as black and white, adding colors digitally, and using environmental concerns to "justify" this process is silly because processing B/W creates effluents.

Bob