Re: file comparison software

Herschel asks:
file comparison software

: Is the software for windows that can compare two folders and establish
which files are most recently modified. I have two folders with many of the
same files . Some more recently modified. and I want to  merge the two.
:
: any help appreciated

http://SoftByteLabs.com (downloads section) 500k-ish

Q. What is Comparator?
A. Comparator is a file folder comparison, copy and update utility.

Q. Which OS does it work on?
A. It works on all 32bit Microsoft Windows 95/98 and NT 4/5

Tell me more about it's features...

Comparator is a simple utility that will take some of the insecurity and
the tedium out of finding, deleting and copying over dupicate or version
files --
no longer will you need to open two Explorer windows to make painstaking
comparisons.

Comparator is an alternative to the Microsoft Briefcase -- install this
freeware program everywhere you go to keep shared files in sync.

Use Comparator to quickly update a small backup set before you get down to
some serious work (but don't neglect your full backup routines).

To use Comparator, simply select any two folders that might be sharing
files and click Scan to let Comparator compare the two folders and
summarize the results.  If the two folders have been set up with identical
subfolder trees, you can include
the subfolders in the comparison too. And if you're only interested in
looking at certain types of files,
make a list in the "User Defined" dialog box.