Re: PF Exhibits on 14 MAY 2005

Peeter Vissak - Madonna with the Child

    I love the coloring but hate the filter effect (it is my very
    uneducated opinion that these filters are overused and incredibly
    saccharine).  The lighting is impeccable too.  Although a diffused
    effect would have been as tacky as the filter, I believe (without
    seeing the original) that something would have to be done to tone
    down that massive hand-like appendage.  Certainly the protective
    mother gaurding her cub.

Thanks, Trevor!

I know how people think about the filters and sometimes I almost dislike thesemyself them myself, but if they more or less correspond to the way I'd like to see the result . . . ?
I also know that there is a very narrow line between good fine art images and cheap thrill. I have a diffuser for my Hasselblad too. What makes it superior to the digital one?

Peeter