questions

Thanks for your welcome messages from some of you.

In panoptic photography the distortion becomes greater as the image is far away from the horizontal center line. If you crop of course the problems disappear. My 360° picture have as far as 2.5 / 1 ratio size. Most of panoramic / panoptic have a ratio of 6 / 1 only and so of course nearly no distortions. If I crop my images to the same ration the distortions are nearly the sames. (I hope you will understand my poor english !)

I use 120 /220 film on 45mm high and a full 360° turn is less as 100 mm film.

As I use short focal lenses the problems is great, but I like this type of graphism.

For underwater pictures I use the same short focal lense but with the water effect 4/3 refraction the lenses effect is reduced, the focal lenght is multiplied by 4 /3 also.

Thanks for your interst to my work.

Michel DUSARIEZ
Belgium

Welcome Michel. Thank you for joining the list.

When you shot the underwater shots did you look for a pool with prominent grout lines in the tile because they really give an interesting grid that shows the panoramic effect well.

I like your other panoramic shots of cityscapes. They don't seem to exhibit as much distortion as the underwater shots. Did you use a different camera or lens?

Greg Fraser

 Hi to all of you,

 As a new member of this list, may I present myself.

Regards

 Michel DUSARIEZ
 Belgium

--