Re: saving jpegs in another format?

> Have you ever tried this? Actually, if  you decompress and
recompress an
> image at the exactly same size and high quality ratio each time,
very
> little further degradation will occur. If you make small local
adjustments
> there will be very little change in other areas of the image and the
area
> of the new adjustment will change only to the extent of that
adjustment.

Dave

As I'm sure you're aware much of it is down to those little 8x8 (or
16x16) blocks of pixels.
What you say is fairly true - but real problems occur if you make
slight crop adjustments between open/saves (unless they happen to be
in multiples of 8 or 16 (depending on compression level). From the
right/bottom edges of an image it's not too bad but from the top /left
edges it will affect the whole image.

Bob