Re: saving jpegs in another format?

At 02:25 AM 5/13/2005, you wrote:

...... because JPG throws away information each time it is saved, if I open an image, then save as something1.JPG, open something1.JPG, save as something2.JPG, open something2.JPG, save as something3.JPG, open something3.JPG, save as something4.JPG, open something4.JPG, by then it should look pretty horrible. And I haven't done any editing at all.

&i (:

Have you ever tried this? Actually, if you decompress and recompress an image at the exactly same size and high quality ratio each time, very little further degradation will occur. If you make small local adjustments there will be very little change in other areas of the image and the area of the new adjustment will change only to the extent of that adjustment.

Dave
East Englewood
The proof is in the print.