RE: Reliable internet photo equipment shop 2nd try

Bob,

We better keep our discussions related to photography on this list, as it is
clear that you are not able to distingusih between giving some data to a
certain person or institution directly (eg. using telephone, or using
on-line shopping) , or sending it openly (eg. by fax).

In the former, you beleive that, that particular institution or person is
trustworthy, in the latter you believe that every single person that may be
in the premises is trustworthy, including the officeboy that looks after the
faxes, and the cleaning lady that takes out the trash.

There has been lots of frauds even in more highly regarded businesses than
on-line stores caused by their employees.

Anyhow, why do you think there are secure sites, encryption, SSL, etc, etc
for on-line shopping if you could just send the fax of the credit card?

As I told before, my job is information security, and faxing, sending via
e-mail, etc. of confidential data is NOT good practice. I also advise
anybody NOT to do it.

There is a big scala between Paranoidistan and Stupidistan. Everybody choses
where he wants to stand.