RE: Reliable internet photo equipment shop 2nd try

I get your point, but this is mail-order, and they chose to use mail-order. They have to take some risks (as everybody in every business does), instead of using some good-for-nothing methods. I wonder if it is really too hard to fake the fax of a Visa or other credit card. If the card is good, it means that the guy knows the details of the card.

So B&H thinks that the crook is bad enough to snatch a few 100 dollars of merchandise, but is good enough not to fake the card's fax or photocopy.

Anybody on this list would most probably be able to fake a card in at most few hours.

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 7:48 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Reliable internet photo equipment shop 2nd try

The charges could still be fraudulent. There are cases where a legitimate card was used and items sent to a different address. The real card holder complains and credit cards gives him a credit and the seller is out the merchandise. I suspect that companies become sensitive to this after them been burned a couple of times and make the decision that it is better to lose a one good sale with a small profit loss than to have a fraudulent sale where they loose the profit and the larger cost of the merchandise.