Re: Maybe a new toy...........................

Hi

I was in the same position last September trying to upgrade from a
Fuji S 602. I do a lot of 'festival photography' and some theatre
too. the Nikon D 70 is very popular in India with photojournalists
and students. But in recent days, there are reports of CCD failure
amongst a wide section of users (mostly photojournalists and event
photographers). The Fuji S2 pro seemed to a good bet. But then,
there were confirmed reports of focus problems, esp. with longer lenses.
When I tried out the camera with Nikon's ED 80-200 f2.8 lens, at close
range, the image was completely out of focus. I later learnt that the
camera had to be sent along with the lens to be aligned with a service
bureu. That's a lot of trouble, where I am. The EOS 300D worked well
in the tropics for a year before it too fell to the elements. There are
any no. of 300D's with friends of mine which malfunction after about two
years. Maybe these problems are more acute in the tropics in harsh
climes (humidity always nearly above 90% and summer temperatures can be
near 40 Celsius for two months at least. Finally, I settled for the
EOS 20 D, which seemed reasonable for the price. I am really happy with
the image quality and the features. The software is very user
friendly. I have had no major problems with it since purchase
(september 2004) and I have done close to 7000 images with it. It
somehow feels more rugged than the 300 D, though not as rugged as the D
70. That is the news from Chennai, South India. Regards, V.
Karthik Quoting rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: > Hi
Gang...................... I have been using an Olympus E-10 for
the last two years and I have been very happy with the
camera except
for the speed that it writes and stores images. (by the way you
can't
speed it up by using a faster card) I may have a few bucks to
spend
so I am semi looking around for another camera. I took an
online
glance at the new Canon Rebel XT, possibly a used Canon10 D or a
new
Nikon D 70. Lets not get into a Canon/Nikon war here!!!!!!!! I
am
leaning towards the Nikon. It is suppose to have a very rapid write
speed. I do have a few Nikon manual focus lenses. It makes
me
wonder why Olympus couldn't come up with a sensor that was larger
than
5meg/pixel for their E -1. I do a lot of Theatrical
Photography
and often I am waiting for the Olympus E-10 to catch up with
me. Russ R.E.
Baker Photography rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Feed a Cat... Starve
Fever........