Re: Bride vs Photographer

> Copyright was mentioned but unfortunately I had failed to mark the . .

In the U.S., the creator automatically has the copyright of his product; it
exists from the moment of completion. Actually marking them makes no
real difference. However, registering the copyright can entitle the
copyright holder to much more in damages. I believe the normal limit is
to register within 90 days of creation or publication, in order to collect
certain damages for misuse within this initial period. I believe the Library
of Congress' website may have some helpful information.

You should check with a lawyer who specializes in intellectual property;
most who are not familiar with IP to persue a breach of contract path. I
believe the best venue for IP cases is federal court. However, if the client
has not commercially published, your case may be small enough to not be
worth pursuing.

If you are contemplating a copyright infringement case, talk with an
intellectual property lawyer. I am not one and don't even play one on
television.

				Nathan