Re: Recomeneded Programs - interpolation

Russell Baker <rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Here is a question..............
>
> Generally when I am done doing all my manipulations in
> Photoshop 7 and I want to have the image be an 8x10,
> I use the rectangular crop tool set at 300 ppi.
>
> Is there a better way to do this?

I normally avoid the resampling, and send the data to the printer at
whatever resolution it comes out to when I'm done cropping.  My
feeling is that the inkjet printer algorithms know best how to deploy
what actual resolution is available on paper.  (This is for situations
where the actual resolution is within a factor of two one way or the
other of the print size).