Re: photography

okay, re: photography:

i had to turn in my brushes when i developed allergies. i'd only used a camera before, point & shoot style, to document my work; i'd no idea that photography would become a passion that rivaled the exhilaration of painting. i still have little, by which i mean, no, idea, what i'm doing when it comes to exposure and so on. there's a chart that i'm trying to memorise but i'm hopeless when i'm in the moment. i use the digital camera the way i would have used pencils and paints to make many sketches in preparation for a painting. if i knew what i was doing exposure wise i'd get the image i want right off the bat but it's hard slogging at this stage.

i'm disconsolate that aforementioned dreary allergies prevent me entering the dark and making magic. all youse who can do so are fortunate and i'm green.

i've been tripping out west, have to unpack, upload some snaps then catch up with email

maggie